Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Oh, Sigh!

OK, this is my blog, and I'm just gona verbally vomit all this stuff out.
Prepare for a somewhat stream-of-consciousness-type post.

I'm using Hubby's computer, rather than my beloved Chromebook.  Because WG has been sick since Friday, and she vomited all over said Chromebook, thus killing it.  Hubby's computer is a Dell.  I don't like Dell computers, as a rule, but this one seems OK.
So far.
I'm watching it.
Veeeeeeeeery closely!

To reiterate: WG has been sick since Friday.  High fever for a couple of days, horrible congestion, no energy, low appetite.  Needless to say, she hasn't been going to school.  But she ALSO had to miss Ride A Wave this past Sunday.  Which, for her, is like missing Christmas. She tends to feel better after a bath, so she's had baths every day.  But then she backslides again.  If she's not doing better soon, we're going to the pediatrician.  I'm trying not to worry, but, please, have I MET me?!?!  Worry is what I DO!

LG was a bit sick and missed a day of school last week.  But he's been coughing and sneezing, and I'm praying that it's his allergies.

And Hubby was sick for a day last week, as well.

So I've pretty much had it with these freakin' viruses. LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE, YOU LITTLE A**HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG will be graduating from middle school on Thursday.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It feels like I JUSTdropped him off at his first day of 6th grade, and cried all the way home (yes, I was Crazy Crying Lady walking home from the school).  And now he's getting ready for HIGH SCHOOL?!?!?!?!?!?!

I recently discovered that there may be a possibility for some much-needed financial help for the kids, which would allow us to hire physical help for the kids, which would allow me to pursue some acting-type jobs.
And to, y'know, get out of the house now and again.  Maybe even with Hubby. Like, a date!

Buddhism, which I'm only slightly versed in, tells us to let go of the things that are not for us.
This is A LOT harder than it sounds!

My father-in-law just walked by wearing suspenders.  It's flippin' adorable!

My weight hasn't been this low in over a decade. Must be a combination of Weight Watchers, my new Fit Bit, and taking care of all the sickies.
Oh, and the worry.  Always that!

I've been taking the dog out for walks in the evenings.  It's good for his joints, good for his health (and mine), and he's so cute; He prances around in his harness! Even people who are scared of pit bulls smile at him, because he's just so happy and adorable!

The BBC4 Extra radio app is a beautiful thing.
(Especially on Saturday mornings at 10 AM PST, when you can hear their broadcast of Big Finish Doctor Who audio episodes.)

OK, it's now nighttime, and we've recently returned from taking WG to the doctor (they took us at 5:00, which was awfully nice of them).  Let's just say it was...eventful. And I have bite marks in my thigh.  Which is a first.
The good news is, she doesn't have an infection. And beating up a pediatrician (and a nurse, and her own parents) seems to have worked wonders!  She's much peppier, and is eating! So, maybe, she might be able to go back to school in a day or two...

OK.  I gotta go to bed.
Doctor's appointments are exhasting!







No comments: