Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Need...SLEEP!!!!!

She's at it again. WG is waking up at 3:15 in the morning and partying like a rock star. She cries at first, because she's lonely. So I go in and cuddle, and then she wants to play. And she's so darn cute I just have to! So this morning we stayed up from 3:15 until about 5:30. Then we both fell asleep on her bed and Hubby had to wake us at 7.
Luckily I didn't have to work today, and I thought I'd take a little nap. So I fell asleep around 9:30 and woke up at...2:00!!!!!!!! I slept the ENTIRE school day away!
I've noticed, since I first became a mom 8 YEARS AGO, that I'm pretty much exhausted all he time. Last year I even went and had my thyroid checked, just to make sure it was working (it is).
So I blame my kids.
Actually, I just attribute it to being a mom. I think it comes with the territory. I've always been one of those people who need AT LEAST 8-10 hours of sleep a night, and with kids, especially very energetic, special needs kids who have sleeping issues, that just ain't gonna happen, lol!
Now, Hubby is the exact opposite; he can get 4 hours of sleep, wake up, and hit the ground running. And LG could sleep through a nuclear war. But WG and I are light sleepers, and we sometimes have trouble sleeping. My poor girl was in the middle of her therapy session this afternoon when she started bawling; she was exhausted, she'd put in a full day at school, and she'd had enough.
Tonight, after a good meal and a nice warm bath, she went to sleep at 9. I'm hoping she'll sleep tonight and get back on track with her schedule. (And I can teach my 3 classes without falling over.)
But I'm guessing it'll be a few years before I'm able to get my 9 hours a night again!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I so feel your pain Alyssa. The tummy baby woke me up at 4:30 and I was awake for an hour. Just as I was drifting off, the 3-year-old climbs in bed with us. Not to sleep, mind you, just to bop around the bed until I got so tired of being jumped on that I got up and made pancakes. Now it's 8:30 and all the kids are picking fights with each other because they're soooo tired.

azusmom said...

Oh man, that stinks! You have my complete empathy!!!!!
And she was up again, same time, this morning. That's 3 in a row. I think my favorite part of all this is the game of Musical Beds: I ended up sleeping in our son's room, he was in our room, and my husband fell asleep in our daughter's room while she was awake and playing.
Oy.