Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mommy's Cranky!

When I start thinking of ways to kill the idiotic talking heads on TV, it may be time to take a step back, a deep breath (hence the title of the blog), and take on an extra meditation session. And to leave the TV in the "Off" mode.
Yesterday I watched "We Are Marshall" on HBO. The movie based on a true story about a small town that loses its college football team in a plane crash, then re-builds the team from scratch. And I cried. Through the whole thing. Not pretty tears rolling gently down my cheeks, mind you, but huge, great gulping sobs. To the point where the dog came and sat next to me, the way she does with the kids when they cry.
Yeah. PMS, much?
I ended up having to put on makeup (horrors!) because we were going out to dinner with my SILs and their families, and my eyes were red and puffy. As in, I-can-barely-open-them puffy.
It didn't help that I'm also experiencing PMS-induced insomnia, along with a cold. Or that our son has been crawling into bed with us in the middle of the night and SLEEPING ON MY HEAD.
Or that my anti-depressant scrip has run out, and I have to make ANOTHER appt. with my doc, (including ANOTHER $40 co-payment) who doesn't want me to stay on them long-term (I've been on them for a year) even though they help with my horrid emotional PMS (which lasts 2 weeks, fer cryin' out loud!) and I'm thinking I need a new doctor.
Whew.
No wonder I'm cranky!
I think I'm gonna go soak on a nice warm tub. With bubbles.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Let me know what you end up doing about your PMS. I too have wicked-witch syndrome two weeks out of the month and have been debating for a while now on what to do about it... sigh.

azusmom said...

I've actually started a program called "Women to Women," which is basically a bunch of vitamin and mineral supplements taken twice a day. It's supposed to help with hormonal imbalance and insomnia. It comes with a diet plan (which i basically ignore, because I don't do diets) and phone support.
It's not cheap, but I'm kind of desperate.
I'll let you know how it goes!