Sunday, July 1, 2012

We're Walking. We're Walking...

Well, I'M walking.  Almost every day.  Along with Pilates, yoga, and Spin.  We live in a beautiful area with lots of hills and nice breezes.  I end up walking at least an hour, listening to Pandora on my phone.
I also walk my son to and from school, which is literally behind the house.  (We have to walk around the corner, however, rather than scale the 40-foot gate separating our yard from the schoolyard...) In he fall I'll be walking him to 10 minutes to school.  20 minutes round trip, twice a day, adds up.

I'd forgotten how much I LOVE to walk.  How much I NEED to walk!  I clears my head, gives me time to myself, and gets me moving.  I feel SO much better afterwards: ready to be a mom and wife again, and leave Ms. Cranky Pans in the dust.
Everybody wins.

I'm also eating less.  I don't think about food as much and, let's face it, when one has to walk down 3 flights of stairs to get to the fridge, it's just not worth it unless one is TRULY hungry, lol! And, honestly, I am up and down those stairs about 427 times a day already!

After my walk I always take a nice soak in our jacuzzi tub.  And, yes, I probably WILL mention that tub in every post for he foreseeable future.

Meanwhile, we're all adjusting to the new living arrangements.  I's not always easy, but it's worth it.  I am (still) learning to take things with a grain of salt, and (still) realizing that other people's reactions are not my problem.  Unless I've done something truly awful.  Which I haven't.

Tomorrow Hubby is off, so after I drop LG at school I'm going to my yoga class.  The one I haven't been able to get to in nearly a month and, after tomorrow, probably won't get to again until September.  So I'm looking for a nice Sunday morning class for the summer, and Monday will be my rest day.

It's all about adjusting.


No comments: