Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Ah!

When one  discovers that one's weight is creeping up, despite the fact that one is following one's Weight Watcher's plan to the letter and working out regularly, then one has to look elsewhere for the cause of said Weight Creep.
Perhaps there are other issues going on.

After weeks of watching every bite, working out like a maniac, and watching the scale go up, I finally remembered, on a cellular-rather-than-intellectual level, that stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep can lead to weight gain.

And that's the least of the issues.  Stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep are pretty big problems in and of themselves.

So I'm using my Fitbit for more than tracking my activity.  There's a 2-5 minute relaxation program on it that also guides breathing.  There are tons of EFT videos on YouTube.  And, since I can't always get to my yoga classes, I've downloaded a few, including some slower-moving flow sessions.  Because trying to kill myself with every workout is SO me-in-my-30's!  :)

Hubby is in the thick of rehearsal for his show.  He leaves for his day job at 7:30 AM, then afterwards drives to Walnut Creek to rehearse, and gets home at about 11 PM.  I, meanwhile, am drowning in paperwork: Enrolling WG in high school (!!!!!!!!!), for one. Hopefully she'll stay in her current school, but she has to enroll in the county district.  It's all very bureaucratic and requires over 100 pages of documentation, as well as, I kid you not, my mother-in-law.  She has to sign documents at the office in front of witnesses, confirming that Hubby, kids and I still live with her and my F-I-L.
I'm also re-applying for their Medi-Cal.

I've made so many copies in the past past two weeks that I'm starting to have nightmares about trees stalking me and trying to cut me down with an axe.

This morning, however, I took a break.  After everyone left, the pup and I went back upstairs for a quick nap and some "Doctor Who" on BBC America.

So now it's back to the grind.  Talk soon!





No comments: