Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Biting the Bullet, and Laughing

I can't stay up to watch "Saturday Night Live" when it airs, but thankfully we now have YouTube.
Back in the olden days, the court jester was the only person who could tell the truth without getting his head (literally) knocked off.  Usually.  And now we have shows like SNL and The Daily Show and Samantha Bee, among others.

If you haven't seen Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, go watch.  Now.  It's OK, I'll wait...

...See, I don't think it matters where your political leanings lay (lie?), that's funny stuff!  Of course, you may disagree.  And that's your prerogative.
At least for the time being...

It's also a great stress reliever.  Laughter IS the best medicine, after all.


And, in other parts of Life, I have an audition this Saturday.  Nothing earth-shattering, but it's for a Shakespeare-inspired production at a small theater in Silicon Valley.  The theater is actually right next to the Pilates studio where I did most of my teacher training.  :)
I'm not expecting to get the job as I have a feeling they're looking mainly for 20-something actors.  But I haven't auditioned in nearly 13 years, and it'll be good to get, as they say, back in the saddle again.  And it's Shakespeare, so it's right up my alley.
Plus, as I write this, "Henry V" is on television.  Which I'm taking as a good sign.

So. That's all the news for now.  It's been raining like crazy , so I'm going to go dry off.

See ya!






No comments: