Thursday, April 25, 2013

We're Only Human After All

If you're as old as I am, you may remember those lyrics from the 80's.  "Something About You" by Level 42.  GREAT song, kind of a one-hit (or, I guess, 2-hit) wonder here in the U.S.
Anyway.

You may have noticed that the world seems to be taking a free fall into Crazyville.  Between the bombings, the lockdown in Watertown, MA, the awful explosion in Texas, the thwarted terrorist attack in Canada (thank goodness!), someone hacking into the AP and announcing that the president had been injured, causing stock prices to nosedive, and now certain people (*cough Donald Trump cough*) calling for the suspected Boston bomber to be waterboarded, convicted without a trial, and put to death immediately, it's certainly been an...eventful few days.
Oh, and let's not forget the suspected ricin mailer.  An Elvis impersonator (I kid you not) who, at a press conference after his release, talked about his worry for his dog Moo-Cow.  (Moo-Cow is fine.  She's with Elvis- Wannabee's brother).

Update: This morning we woke up to the news of more accidental explosions (in Alabama) AND the news that my M-I-L might have breast cancer.  There was a spot on her mammogram, so she's going back to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out.

So I was going to try and create a humorous, light-hearted post, but I'm just not in the right mindset to do so.  I'm scared, sad, and tired. I'm sick of fucking cancer striking seemingly everyone. And, honestly?  Sometimes it seems like the world is populated by too many morons and trolls, and I'm tired of them.

I'll get over it.  But some days I'm just exhausted, and dealing with all of it just seems like too much.  I wonder what the point of it all is.

So I guess it's time for me to watch "Jazz for Cows" on YouTube and cheer myself up.

Peace out.


No comments: